Welcome to Katie Goes Platinum, an honest and comprehensive resource for women who want to confidently embrace their naturally gray hair.
My name is Katie. I’m the blogger behind this site, and I just finished my own gray hair transition on February 22, 2020 – two years after I made the decision to ditch the dye!
If you want to learn more about me, click here. If you’re a first time visitor, do these next few steps…
1. Read These Blog Posts First
- Not sure why you should go gray? Read This is Why You Should Transition to Gray Hair for some answers. You might be surprised by some of them!
- Ready to go gray, but not sure how to do it? Check out How to Go Gray. It’s one of my most popular posts because it lays out all the different ways you can go gray from dyed hair. Going gray is not a one-size-fits-all journey!
2. Join Our Community Of Silver Sisters
Enter your name and email below to receive my weekly newsletter and a private invitation to the Silver Revolution Facebook group.
3. Follow Me On Pinterest
My Pinterest feed is full of gray hair product recommendations, articles about gray hair, and inspirational images of women confidently rocking their natural silver hair.
If you’re just starting out, it’s especially valuable as you will (I promise) become obsessed with the topic of gray hair and want to pore over pictures or read articles about it. It’s a real phenomenon!
4. Search For A Stylist
If your stylist isn’t on board with your gray hair transition, it might be time to find a new stylist who will make you feel GOOD about your choice!
Check out my international gray-friendly salon directory for stylists in your area. It’s a work in progress, but more salons are adding themselves to the directory every day.
Have a salon you love? Let them know they can list their gray-friendly salon here!
5. Shop Gray Hair Products
Curious what products work best for transitioning hair, or hair that’s already all gray?
- Check out my list of the Best Gray Hair Products
- Head over to my Amazon Shop for an even larger selection
6. Read These Inspiring Transition Stories
If you’re in your 30’s and choosing to forego dye, check out Amanda’s fun and enthusiastic silver hair transition story.
For a peek at why so many of us find the gray hair transition to be a surprisingly liberating journey, read Louise’s story.
Wondering what the gray hair transition process will look like? Check out these 30 gray hair before and after pictures that will blow your mind!
7. Give Yourself A Pat On The Back!
It’s not easy to go against the tide and ditch the dye. Some statistics state that 75% of American women color their hair. But the tide is turning, and people like YOU are the reason why.
Congratulations, and welcome to the silver sisterhood!